This is a brand new class for 2023 exploring traditional Jacobean embroidery. It is perfect for those wishing to learn a wide verity of different surface stitches.
This design is worked over 10 live sessions spaced across 12 months in 2023, these sessions are also recorded with recordings and class materials accessible through a dedicated online learning platform.
Each month new techniques are covered, with plenty of time between class sessions for homework. Each month we also revisit previous techniques, address problems that might have arisen and discuss how to correct any errors.
- Session 1 – Trellis patterns, Bullion knots
- Session 2 – Burden stitch, Laid work,
- Session 3 – Cretan stitch, Block shading, Padded satin stitch,
- Session 4 – Feather stitch, Van Dyke stitch, Fishbone stitch,
- Session 5 – Long and short
- Session 6 – Fly stitch, Herringbone stitch, Whipped wheel, Woven wheel,
- Session 7 – French knots, Pistil stitch
- Session 8 – Coral stitch, pearl stitch, Pekinese stitch, Chain stitch,
- Session 9 – Stem stitch, Buttonhole stitch, Raised chain stitch,
- Session 10 – Raised stem stitch, Heavy chain stitch, Portuguese knotted stem stitch.
There are many flexible ways to take part in this class, sign up for a full year, sign up term by term or pay month by month. If choosing to pay as you go an invoice for £95 (class fee) will be send 2 weeks before class. There is also the option of receiving a specialist materials pack or source your own materials.
The course is running between 10am-4pm on the following dates
Jan 12th, Feb 2nd, March 2nd, May 4th, June 1st, July 6th, Aug 17th, Sep 7th, Oct 5th, Nov 2nd